Wednesday, September 28, 2011

how I saved $1000's and you can too.

Would you like to eat T-bones and Porterhouse steaks for $1 a pound? Me too.
Here's how We do it.
One spring I contacted a local farmer who raised beef cattle and I bought a calf for $150.00
(300lbs X .50 lb. = $150.00)
The farmer was all too happy to let the calf stay there on the farm till fall.
After all, the cattle only graze grass during these months, so the farmer did not have any added expense.
In the mean time I searched craigslist until I found a good chest style freezer for $100.00
I found several Butchers that offered free pick up.
When the meat processing price was .50 a lb. for a combined packaged weight of 500 lbs. 
So all said & done we had 150 x 100 x 250 we ended up with 500lbs. of  wonderful grass fed Steaks, Ribs, roasts and burger for $500.00
We have also done this with a local hog farmer and I offer the same option to our customers who purchase our lamb.
You can check us out at  http://www.scatteredflock.net/
  

No comments:

Post a Comment